This position will be part of a diverse team of bioanalytical chemists, synthetic chemists, and microbiologists to aid in a wide variety of tasks related to maintaining GLP/cGMP compliant laboratory spaces. Some tasks in this opportunity includes, but is not limited, to: managing laboratory spaces, managing supply inventory, tracking instrument, equipment maintenance and/or repairs, and overseeing day-to-day operations within the company.
- Support laboratory personnel with, but not limited by, the following:
- Ensuring equipment, instruments, and glassware are in working condition.
- Maintaining equipment and instrument logs.
- Keeping equipment and instruments operational and qualified by following standard operating procedures (SOPs), troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance and verifications
- Contacting and scheduling vendors to perform calibrations and/or qualifications of equipment and instruments and any repairs throughout the facility.
- Taking over ordering, receiving, and taking inventory of chemicals, lab equipment, consumables, and supplies.
- Scheduling waste pickup.
- Assisting in research activities.
- Helping troubleshoot and resolve any problems within day-to-day lab operations.
- Help complete projects by assisting project directors and participating in company/team meetings.
- Document information and organization of records per company’s quality system.
- Work with business development and quality assurance groups to ensure effective communication with lab scientists.
- Participate in educational opportunities, seminars, and workshops.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related scientific field.
- 1+ year experience in Research and Development work environment.
- Experience in managing research lab operations.
- Being open and willing to learn new things.
- Experience in any of the following will be considered a plus: Chromatography (HPLC/UPLC), Mass spectrometry, LCMS, GC-MS, NMR, Microbiology, experience working in a GLP/cGMP regulated environment.
Office Assistant Coordinator
This is a entry level admin assistant position ideal for a recent college graduate or high school graduate with 2+ years of experience.
- Strong communication skills. writing & speaking
- Retail sales experience a plus
- Work interactively with all functions of the company to help achieve the company’s vision
- BS degree or high school degree with 2+ years experience
- Excellent communication skills
Research Scientist -Bioanalytical Chemistry
This is a Research Scientist position and will oversee a team of chemists in their various research and development activities. This position will manage and lead a diverse set of projects and R&D activities of the company with a focus on analytical and bioanalytical chemistry, with exposure to quality management system within a GLP / cGMP environment.
- Strong analytical chemistry skills; including mass spectroscopy, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR), synesthetic chemistry experience is a plus.
- Experienced in small and large molecule analytical chemistry.
- Formulate research and product development proposals and budgets for the company, setting corporate and departmental goals and priorities related to R&D.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Chemistry department achieves project goals and budget targets in a timely manner.
- Foster close cooperative relationships with all departments in the company. Work with Business Development team and Senior Scientists to develop proposals for clients.
- Support Quality Assurance to ensure all standard operating procedures are of high quality and are readily available for analysis.
- Supervise all study activities, with the chemistry team in terms of study initiation, data reporting and processing, and site management. Monitors adherence to protocols and study timelines.
- Work interactively with all functions of the company and with Senior Scientists to help achieve the company’s vision.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in R&D or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of progressive management responsibility or equivalent work experience.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry
- Strong communication skills (writing and speaking)
About Emery Pharma
Emery Pharma is contract research and development laboratory located in San Francisco Bay Area focused on supporting Biotech, Pharmaceutical industry with their bioanalytical, microbiology and cell biology needs. Our mission and vision at Emery Pharma is to help our client-partners “Save Lives and Save the Environment.”
We are prepared to offer the candidate a competitive compensation and benefit package. Including 90% of health, dental, and vision premiums, 401k retirement plan with company contribution, and monthly profit sharing.
Please send resume /C.V. with a cover letter to: [email protected]
Emery Pharma is an equal opportunity employer.